Trauma Responsive/Healing Centered Strategies Part 2: Self-Regulation For Children And Adults
Describe the development of children’s regulation systems, including the concept of co-regulation. Explore strategies to support the development of regulation in young children who have experienced trauma. Explain how working with traumatized children and families contributes to compassion fatigue. Plan ways to reduce or address the impact of compassion fatigue. The Content of this self-study was Developed by Ellison Center, St. Cloud, MN: https://www.ellisoncenter.org/
with funds provided by Greater Twin Cities United Way (GTCUW) 80x3 - Resilient from the Start.
- Knowledge and Competency Framework Area(s) -
- II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2.00 hr)
- IX: Trauma Informed Care (8.00 hr)
- CDA Content Area(s) -
- Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development(10.00 hr)
- Level 2 - Implements
New Navigation Tools:
- This self-study does not have audio available at this time.
- For optimal performance, please access this course from a computer or tablet.
- Click on the black box with 2 white arrows to view the self-study in Full-Screen Mode.
- Click on the black box with white eyeglasses to view the self-study in Accessibility Mode.
Thanks to a generous grant from Greater Twin Cities United Way 80x3 we are able to offer 10 hours of training credit for this self-study FREE OF CHARGE! For ten clock hours on your Learning Record, please register online at Develop. Then, complete a 500 word reflection paper and submit this document with your reflection. Please note: You have access to this document as view only. To enable editing, download the document. Click "file" then "download as" in the upper left-hand corner of this screen. This will give you the option to open the document as a Word doc on your own computer. Then, you can complete the information and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Course Credit
You can receive CEU's for registering for a course below and then completing the course. Please register today!