Last Updated: March 31, 2020.
We and/or our licensors own, operate, and maintain the Site. We are a Minnesota nonprofit corporation with a principal office in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
What information do we collect?
- We may collect certain Personal Information you voluntarily submit as part of your registration or login into the Site, placing an order, responding to a survey or communication, or your choice to opt-in to any marketing campaigns or other links to the Site, whether through emails or other communications sent by CICC, or participating in another Site feature.
- The types of PII we may collect include your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information, device ID, telephone number and other similar contact data. This information may be combined with information already in our possession or made available to us through United States federal and state medical professional databases, other files we are licensed to receive, and/or information we obtain from other sources. We may also collect information as a result of your interaction with any of the Site, a CICC owned and operated newsletter, or any communication received directly or indirectly from us. This means we may collect information from you through multiple locations, not just the initial one of the Site through which you register.
- We may capture certain usage, device and location information automatically on or through one or more of the Site, regardless of whether you provide us with Personal Information. This information may include your device and/or network information (e.g., Internet protocol (IP) address, user agent strings, device identification number (e.g., IMEI), geolocation data, browser type, page access history, linking information, click stream data, page visits, page views, and/or website log files). If we identify that you are accessing the Site through multiple devices, we will associate each such device with your profile.
- We will use operational data (e.g., cookies, log files, clear GIFs, pixels and/or similar devices) to identify our users and their device(s) in order to track our users’ interactions with the Site and communications; we use this operational data to enhance certain activities available on the Site or applications. You can remove or reject persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “Help” file. If you remove a persistent cookie, you may be requested to reregister or log in again upon returning to the Site or when opting-in to any of our other campaigns via email or newsletters. If you reject persistent cookies, the functionality of the Site or other communications (like our newsletters), or any part thereof, may be impaired or unavailable.
- If you have any questions about our use of Personal Information, usage, location or operational data please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- Identify and verify your right to access your user account.
- To personalize your experience while interacting with the Site and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- Provide the Site’s functionality and our services to you through the Site.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- Communicate with you (via email, text, phone, or mail) in response to your questions or requests for information.
- Enhance, improve and develop new products, services, and overall customer support.
- Monitor usage and interaction statistics on the Site, the Site, and/or through responses to our communications.
- Perform data analytics.
- Establish your user account and authenticate you during a registration or login to the Site.
- Allow us to respond quickly and efficiently to your questions and your requests for information.
- Allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the Your Rights section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other Site features, such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content, will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We may use location information to configure and operate the Site for your use and provide you with the ability to control and improve the use of the Site and functionality specific to your location. We may also use the Site to provide you with “find a location near me” service.
We use the usage information and operational data to perform data analytics, analyze and evaluate the features and functionality of the Site and our products and services. We may also use usage information and operational data to process automatic crash reporting, which collects reports of crashes, other technical issues, and information relating to how the Site is functioning.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
Although we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information that is transmitted over the Internet or stored on the Site, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Data security is implemented through physical, administrative, and technical safeguards we put in place and operational procedures we follow to protect your Personal Information. When you place orders or access your Personal Information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized employees, agents, certain of our authorized business partners and/or authorized Third Party Providers as appropriate or necessary to provide services and/or the Site, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Please note that we do not have any control over or responsibility for information you share about yourself on or through any websites outside of the Site, including any third party websites accessed or linked through the Site. All such sharing of information and content is done at your own risk. Any concerns over the sharing of information on or with a particular website not owned by us should be handled by dealing directly with that website.
We keep your Personal Information as long as needed to process your requests, provide the Site, to operate our business and provide our products and services, and as long as we are legally obligated to keep it. You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information at any time. Please note that deletion of your Personal Information may affect your right to use the Site and may require de-activation of any user account. While we will use reasonable efforts to de-active your Personal Information and to delete such Personal Information, we may be required to retain such Personal Information as required by our systems or our legal requirements. Until we have deleted all of your Personal Information, we will continue to honor our privacy and security obligations related to your Personal Information.
Please note that in the event that we elect to de-identify your PII, such de-identified information is no longer your PII and we may use such de-identified information, alone or in an aggregated basis to analyze our products, services and the Site, or as we deem appropriate.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do our website(s) target children under the age of 13. By using the Site and any associated user account, you represent that you are not younger than 13.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
Except as provided for in this privacy statement, we will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties. We may use your information, including our right to disclose to trusted third parties, in the following circumstances without advance notice:
- Provision of Information. Because some of our customers provide the Site to affiliates and trusted partners, your use of the Site may be disclosed to such customer that is covering the data costs for data transmitted through the Site.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may transfer Personal Information to our subsidiaries and affiliated entities over which we have control through ownership or by contract (collectively “Affiliates”).
- Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to third-party consultants and service providers (e.g., hosting/support/maintenance providers, third-party payment processing agencies, and remedial/repair services) to the extent that they require such access in order to perform services for us.
- Third-Party Advertising. We typically do not provide Personal Information to any third party for marketing/advertising purposes, but may disclose for internal analytics and user targeting confirmation only.
- Enforcement of Rights/Security. We reserve the right to release Personal Information (i) when we are under legal compulsion to do so (e.g., we have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so; (ii) when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of us, the Site, our users, customers, or others; or (iii) as we deem necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud, and otherwise enforce the privacy statement and other user agreements.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that we are merged with or become part of another organization, we are sold, we sell all – or substantially all – of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, all of our information, including your information may be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer Personal Information to third parties where we are expressly authorized or required by applicable law to do so.
In addition to you providing us with Personal Information, you may also provide us with or we may otherwise acquire non-Personal Information (i.e., information which does not personally identify you). We reserve the right to use and/or disclose such non-Personal Information as we choose, including to third parties, for any reason (e.g., marketing and advertising). This includes information that has been de-identified and/or subjected to pseudonymization.
We may aggregate information that you provide or is otherwise collected from or about you with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you. Once such information is non-Personal Information, we reserve the right to use and/or disclose such non-Personal Information as we choose, including to third parties, for any reason (e.g., marketing and advertising).
- Your right to Access – means that you can ask us for a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you.
- Your right to Correct – if you believe that any of the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such Personal Information by providing us with the correct up-to-date Personal Information.
- Right to Erasure – you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out-of-date Personal Information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information. For example, if you no longer wish to use the Site.
- Right to Portability – you have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used and machine readable format to be provided to you or to such other third party as you specify.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on the Site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Copyright © 2020 by Center for Inclusive Child Care. All rights reserved.