We envision a society in which all children have opportunities for successful inclusion in community settings and parents and professionals have access to resources that support each child’s optimal development.
The mission of the Center for Inclusive Child Care is to be a centralized, comprehensive, and responsive resource network supporting quality care for children in community settings.
- Children should have access to participation in quality care and education in all community settings.
- The relationship between children and their families is integral to their health and well-being.
- In order to be both responsive and effective, quality settings must support both children and families.
- Consistent communication and effective collaboration are essential in supporting children, families and the professionals who work with them.
- Effective inclusion is accomplished through the development and dissemination of resources and supports.