The Role Of The Environment On Infant And Toddler Development
Learn how to curate a learning space that encourages the growth and development of infants and toddlers in this online self-study. Examine the foundational principles outlined in the STORY approach to creating a space that meets the needs of the child and the adults who share the space:
• Safety and Security
• The Environment as “The Third Teacher”
• Outdoor Environments
• Resources for Learning
• You, as an Individual
- Knowledge and Competency Framework Area - II.A: Creating Positive Learning Experiences (10 Hours)
- CDA Content Area - Content Area II: Steps to advance children’s physical and intellectual development (10 Hours)
- Level 1 - Explores
New Navigation Tools:
- This self-study does not have audio available at this time.
- For optimal performance, please access this course from a computer or tablet.
- Click on the black box with 2 white arrows to view the self-study in Full-Screen Mode.
- Click on the black box with white eyeglasses to view the self-study in Accessibility Mode.
For ten clock hours on your Learning Record, please register and pay online at Develop. Then, complete a 500 word reflection paper and submit this document with your reflection. Please note: You have access to this document as view only. To enable editing, download the document. Click "file" then "download as" in the upper left-hand corner of this screen. This will give you the option to open the document as a Word doc on your own computer. Then, you can complete the information and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. *Disregard any directions regarding a final quiz. The only learning assessment needed is the reflection paper.
Register for Course Credit
You can receive CEU's for registering for a course below and then completing the course. Please register today!