Mission Statement of The Center for Inclusive Child Care
The mission of the Center for Inclusive Child Care is to be a centralized, comprehensive resource network supporting inclusive care for children in community settings.
Our Core Values are …
- Children should have access to participation in care and education in all community settings
- The relationship between children and their families is integral to their health and well-being
- In order to be both excellent and effective, inclusive settings must support both children and families.
- Consistent and effective communication and collaboration are essential in supporting children, families and the professionals who work with them
- Effective inclusion is accomplished through the development and dissemination of resources and supports
How does the CICC support inclusive settings?
We provide leadership, technical assistance, training, and consultation to the following:
- early care and education providers
- school age care providers
- other professionals in the field
What does CICC consultation provide?
The Center for Inclusive Child Care Inclusion Consultation and Support Services provide support to child care and school age care providers, enabling them to successfully include and retain children with special needs and those with challenging behaviors into their community child care programs. Services include consultation, technical assistance, resources, research and referral support, observation, and staff development in both face-to-face and online venues.
What kind of professional development is available?
The CICC offers a host of online courses in several formats which are easily accessed by users. In addition, the CICC offers Train the Trainer courses on several training curricula online and face-to-face for early childhood and school age care professionals interested in becoming a trainer. Also, CICC workshops offered on a wide variety of disability topics can be customized for audiences who want to increase their awareness about the special needs of children and how to include all children in their settings. CEUs and college credit are also options.